There are five steps in ordering. Start here with …
Determining your system needs
smartBLIND is shipped on a system-by-system basis. Therefore, one order form is required for each system. See what a system includes.
Read the GUIDE (in the right-hand column) about grouping blinds to help you determine the number of blinds you want in a system. Also, check the application examples for additional information. In addition, you may want to consider the additional options available to you: the local command unit and the remote computer interface.
Once you have determined how many blind you want in the system, you will need to specify the size of the blinds.
Specifying blind size
smartBLINDs may be mounted inside a window frame (inside mount) or on the outside of a window frame (outside mount). Measure and specify the exact size of each blind in the system in the order form.
Read the GUIDE (in the right-hand column) and then measure for your blinds.
Once you have determined blind size, you will need to specify the colour of the blinds.
Specifying blind colour
smartBLINDs come in a range of colours, which you can choose from the chart at right.
Read the GUIDE on blind colour (in the right-hand column) and refer to the colour chart to specify your blind colours.
You should now have the details to fill in the information as in the table below.
Specifying cable lengths
The smartBLIND system requires you to specify lengths of 2 kinds of cable.
6 connector cable
The total length of “6 conductor” cable must be specified.
This is the length of cable required to connect
- the Command Unit to the RJ12 Adapter (L1) and
- the Power and Interface Unit to the Command Unit (L2)
The total length of “6 conductor” cable is LT = L1 + L2.
Each RJ12 cable that is required for your system must be also specified. There will be as many cables are there are blinds in the system.
- The first cable length specified (D1) is the length from the RJ12 Adapter to the first blind.
- The second cable length specified (D2) is the distance from the first blind to the second blind, and the process is repeated as such for each of the remaining blinds in the system.
Once you have specified cable lengths, you are ready to fill out and submit the order form.
Filling out and submitting your order
You are now ready to fill out the order form and submit it.
There are three options for completing the order form:
- Fill out and submit the online order form. (under construction)
- Download the order form (order_form.txt). Open the order form with any text editor and fill out the required sections. Save the order form and then email it to us as an attachment.
- Download the order form (order_form.doc). Open the order form with Microsoft Word and key in the information required. Save the order form and then email it to us as an attachment.
Once we have received your order form, we will review it for correctness and then reply to your email with an exact price quotation, an invoice, and a PayPal account number to which payment can be made. Once we have received payment, your order will ship within 7 working days.